Wednesday, November 14, 2007

End of the quarter woes

Last week was the end of the first quarter at Cashmere High School. On Friday I observed a lot of students in the library working on their projects and homework. As they freaked out and begged for more time on the deadline, I thought of some study habits I try to keep (yes - I'm still going to school, now I'm working on my master's degree). So, if you don't mind, here we go with Mrs. H's "How not to freak out at the end of the quarter" list.
1. Start way before you think you need to.
2. Pace yourself, do a little everyday. Don't put it off any longer - just do it.
3. When working at the school computers, DO NOT SIT BY YOUR FRIENDS! They always will distract you and you won't get as much done.
4. Things happen, so be ready for unseen problems like: the electricity goes off, the printer's ink runs out, the printer paper runs out, the teachers you need is gone, the Internet goes down, your email won't open, your project partner doesn't show up, or your computer crashes. Be prepared! Save your work on a thumb drive and get your project done early in case something goes wrong, it probably will.

No comments: