Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Jay Asher: Thirteen Reasons Why


I attended the Washington Library Media Association conference last weekend and got to see author Jay Asher while I was there. He wrote the book, Thirteen Reasons Why, in 2007. This book has been translated in 31 languages and enjoyed worldwide. Jay shared many emotional emails from impacted teens that have read this special book. Many feel like the book saved or changed their lives. Be sure to visit the official website:  http://www.thirteenreasonswhy.com/ and read all the moving notes from people around the world. In addition, http://www.13rwproject.com is a place where fans of the books can share their thoughts and stories.  I bought another copy for our library and Jay Asher signed it with this inscription: "Everything affects everything". When I read the book, that's the message that impressed me and stuck with me over the years. I hope we all remember this as we share each day with our friends, family and classmates.

No comments: