Monday, July 30, 2007

My book club, "The Inklings"



Tonight I get to go to my monthly book club meeting. We try to read one "classic" book a year and this month's book, The Woman in White by Wilke Collins, certainly fills that requirement. Collins, a contemporary and friend of Charles Dickens, wrote this novel in 1859 and origianally published it as a weekly serial. Considered one of the first mystery novels ever written, it kept my attention despite it's length (over 500 pages!). I really look forward to meeting my friends and talking about our current book. We've been meeting together for over six years and truly it's one of the highlights of each month. I encourage you to form a group and read a book together. You'll be surprised how much more you'll get out of a book when you discuss it with your book club.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sears said...

Hi Linda,
I was showing my friend Hazel our blogs and noticed there was a comment from you. I am doing o'k, but tired of the drama down here with family and the neighbors. Between doctor appointments and the daily visit to the grocery store, I am exhausted. My break in the evening at Hazel's house (I am staying with her) is my only escape. I am actually looking forward to the beginning of the school year. I hope your summer is going well and I will see you in a couple of weeks:)